What is chiropractic?
Chiropractors are spinal healthcare experts specialising in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders on the nervous system and on general health.
Chiropractors use a range of techniques to reduce pain, improve function and increase mobility, including hands-on manipulation of the spine. As well as manual treatment, chiropractors are able to offer a package of care which includes advice on self-help, therapeutic exercises and lifestyle changes.
The staff are always helpful, professional and friendly.
Chiropractic treatment involves safe, often gentle, specific spinal manipulation to free joints in the spine or other areas of the body that are not moving properly. Apart from manipulation, chiropractors may use a variety of techniques including ice, heat, ultrasound, exercise and acupuncture as well as advice about posture and lifestyle.
Conditions that can be helped:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis
- General aches and pains from joints, muscle spasms and cramp
- Headache caused by neck problems
- Frozen shoulder, shoulder from back and neck problems
- Elbow pain or tennis elbow from back and neck problems
- Prevention of migraine
- Sporting aches and pains